Preventing Health Care Fraud
Health care fraud is rising higher and higher every year. Examples of Health care fraud include: billing for services not provided, using someone else’s identity (ID) to obtain benefits or receive payment.
Here are a few helpful tips on how you can help prevent Health care fraud:
- Do not give your Medi-Cal/Medicare/ card number to anyone except your doctor, clinic, hospital or other health care provider.
- Do not let anyone borrow your Medi-Cal/Medicare/ card.
- Never loan your Social Security card to anyone.
- Never sign a blank insurance claim form.
- Be suspicious of anyone who offers you a free medical screening in exchange for your Medi-Cal/Medicare/ card number.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Be careful about accepting medical services when you are told they will be free of charge.
By working together we can make a difference. If you suspect fraud report it today, call the Toll Free number of the Department of Health Services Anti-Fraud Line: (800) 822-6222
FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
Medicare Part D – Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) The fraud control game is dynamic, not static. Fraud control is played against opponents: opponents who think creatively and adapt continuously and who relish devising complex strategies; this means that a set of fraud controls that is perfectly satisfactory today may be of no use at all tomorrow, once the game has progressed a little. — Malcolm K. Sparrow1 Read more